Enhance any room with unique patterns designed to enhance any project. No matter how you plan to express your vision,
there is a tile pattern designed to spotlight the most unique elements of your room. Our tile pattern guide can provide
you with inspirational styles that are sure to be the perfect solution.
Helpful Hints For Getting Started
- Never assume a room is perfectly square – always square off from the center and begin pattern along one edge.
- To avoid rough edges on tile, always float the floor to a level state before installing tile.
- Always round to the next highest footage when calculating square footage of tile needed.
- Random is not a pattern, but a specific look designed by the installer.
- Most random arrangements need to work on these percentages:
60% 12 x 12 | 40% 6 x 12 | 40% 6 x 6
- When installing tile in a random configuration, the percentages of tile for the three sizes involved do not add up to 100%, in order to allow for different looks through out the installation. These percentages will also allow for coverage needed due to centering of the layout.
- Modular patterns, if laid according to this guide, will have a solid grout frame every three feet.
- Each diagram represents nine square feet.
- A dark outline on the pattern indicates where tiles begin to repeat.